7 Days/6 Nights
Relive the Ancient Epic Story of Ramayana
The legend of Ramayana is one of the most important scriptures of Hindu mythology. The ancient epic story follows Prince Rama’s quest to rescue his beloved wife Sita from Ravana, the ten-headed demon king, aided by an army of monkeys. A number of sites in Sri Lanka are associated with the Hindu legend, including Ashok Vatika, the battlefield on which the two armies fought, and others. The Trail of Ramayana is based on research findings linking the sites to Lord Ram, his wife Sita, and King Ravana. It is the ideal combination of a pilgrimage and a holiday, covering much of these sites of religious significance as well as some other beautiful attractions associated with Ramayana events.
Itinerary highlights at a glance
- Visit Munneswaram Temple, a complex with a collection of five temples, including a Buddhist temple.
- Manavari Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva
- History and Art in Dalada Maligawa which houses the sacred Tooth Relic
- The only Panchamuga (five faced) Anjaneear Temple, steeped in legend
- Sitha Amman Kovil, the last location Sitha was held captive by Ravana
- Gayathri Peedam, the very first temple constructed in devotion to the goddess Gayathri
- Divurumpola temple where Sita, underwent the Agni Pariksha (fire ordeal)
- Touring the idyllic town of Ellaand Sparkling waters of Ravana’s waterfall
- Rumassala Kanda, the mythical mountain that fell from the sky
- Explore the conventions of temple worship and traditions at the Seenigama Temple