WHALE WATCHING in Sri Lanka is situated within the International Whaling Commission’s protected zone in the Indian Ocean. Of the 80 species of cetaceans observed and identified worldwide, 26 are found in the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal. Whale and dolphin watching is a seasonal activity in Sri Lanka, available on the west coast in locations from KALPITIYA and along the SOUTH WEST COAST from November to March while the east coast off TRINCOMALEE is preferable from June to September.The south coast of Sri Lanka is one of the very best places to see Blue Whales in the entire world. Most of these Blue Whales are on migration, en-route from their North East monsoon feeding grounds off Trincomalee to their South West monsoon feeding grounds in the Arabian Sea.
Prepare your senses for overload, for the South is Sri Lanka at its most sultry and enticing: a glorious shoreline of dazzling white curves of sand set against emerald forested hills. Yes, you’ll find the region a delight to explore, with each bend in the coastal highway revealing yet another idyllic cove to investigate.
Upon arrival at Colombo airport and International, you will meet & greet by Silverline Tours representative & transfer to Mirissa.
Check inn to your hotel & overnight stay in Mirissa.
Morning Whale watching tour in Mirissa
Around 6 am begin your boat ride to the mid sea to watch Whales & Dolphins. You will be given a packed breakfast to have on the boat. The whale watching tour will take 3 hours in the sea. (Please take your hats and sun block on this tour)
Check in at your hotel in Mirissa. Relax and unwind.
After breakfast morning free to relax or enjoy the Sun and Sand
Visit the Galle Fort (a UNESCO and a World Heritage Site).
Visit a Turtle hatchery and enjoy a river cruise in Madu River in the evening.
Overnight stay in Galle.
Transfer to the airport on time for your departure.
Price starts from US$650 upwards
Above cost includes:
- Accommodation for 3 Nights / 4 Days in twin/double share basis
- Meals Breakfast and dinner only
- Tours / All Transfers in Air conditioned comfortable Private Vehicle.
- Services of an English Speaking Chauffer Guide
- Whale watching tour in Mirissa
- 1 bottle of mineral water each day on complimentary
- Applicable taxes in Sri Lanka
- Extra meals / beverage not mentioned in inclusions.
- Tips & Porterage
- Any expense of a personal nature.
- Cost for Photography/ Video.
- Entrance tickets to Sigiriya Rock Fortress -Apprx. LKR.6200/-